The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all EU laws and requirements for user privacy.
- Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
- Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
- While commenting to any content (articles or pages) on this site or using our Contact form or our Wall of Fame form, personal data is collected about you. This personal data consists of your name, email address and optionally your website’s address – that you share with us through these forms.
- This personal data collected is needed for using the above mentioned functionalities.
- We don’t send any marketing materials to users of our forms without their explicit consent.
- Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the General Data Protection Regulation. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process, but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
- For comments, the personal data is stored until the parent content (the article or page you leave your comment for) is publicly available.
- For the Contact form we store your personal data for 12 months. This is required for tracking back our interactions in any case of debates.
- For the Wall of Fame form we store your data until it’s explicitly revoked by you using our contact form or by sending an email to email@example.com.
- We do regular checks to ensure that websites presented in the Wall of Fame section are available to the public. If we find a website unavailable, we will remove it from the Wall of Fame page, together with the personal data connected with the removed entry’s submission.
- We will erase any data collected about you based on your request sent to us using our Contact form or to the firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website (external links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites).
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. Neither this website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls / web addresses.
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Who to contact in case of questions?
If you experience any kind of misuse of personal data stored on this website, please contact Ervin Domonkos (email@example.com), who is this website’s nominated person for data protection. We will do our best to resolve issues connected to personal data on this website as quickly and effectively as possible.
v2.0 – 19th July 2018
a-idea webdesign studio