Now that we have set the general plugin settings up, we can start adding some Portfolio items to our website.
To add your first team member, go to Portfolio items » Add new in wp-admin.
Then you’ll see a standard WordPress post editor screen.
Here you have several areas to edit:
- The Title will be the title of the Portfolio item
- The excerpt will be used as the Potfolio item’s short description on the tiles: by default it will be the shortened version of the content (2a), but you can override it with a manually entered excerpt (2b)
- Portfolio Categories: you can categorize the Portfolio items with this taxonomy. Optionally you can display these categories on the large (2 / row) tiles.
- Cover image: here you can add a cover photo for the Portfolio item – just like featured images for blog posts.
- The Order number in the Attributes box will help arranging the items in the front end – if you chose Menu Order as the Order by setting on the plugin settings page.
- Portfolio item settings: some special settings for the item:
- Subtitle: this text to be displayed as the sub-title under the main title in large tiles (if custom text is selected in plugin settings)
- Icon: the icon to be displayed in the header part of the tile
- Custom link URL: if left empty, normally the tile is linked to the item’s single page. You can override this setting here with a custom URL
- Link opens in new tab: if enabled, the tile link will be opened in a new browser tab, keeping the original tab open.
Don’t forget to Publish / Update the page after editing!