Themple Framework was designed to help creating WordPress Themes quickly and easily with high level of customizability.
Our first theme created with it is called Themple Starter (you can see it in action right now on this site), which is a lightweight theme created for being the base for other themes.
Who is it made for?
Themple can help you in 3 different ways:
- If you want to create and publish a theme on WordPress theme repositories like ThemeForest or Mojo Themes, Themple can be a good starting point.
- If you are creating custom designed websites for your customers, Themple can help you a lot by giving you the toolset of Theme Options, built-in LESS parser, some essential functions pre-configured, etc.
- And of course, you can customize Themple Starter for your blog and use it (if you like its clean and lightweight design)
- Easy to add Theme Options and Custom Fields to posts, pages or other custom post types
- Options usable everywhere: adjust your settings in Theme Options and use them in every corner of your site:
- Inside your stylesheets (using the built-in LESS compiler)
- In your template files (using Themple’s template functions)
- Inside posts and pages (using the Themple Helper plugin bundled with the Starter pack – since v1.1)
- Repeater options in case you need more instances of the same option
- Contains some ready-made LESS mixins that you can make use of
- Designed to be fast: we combine all the theme’s stylesheets into 1 CSS file in order to reduce number of requests during loading pages and to make it cacheable. Even if you are using Child Themes!
- A lot of pre-defined settings that improves themes’ functionality and usability
- CSS reset file that eliminates cross-browser glitches
- Support for all sensible HTML elements
- Semantic HTML5 elements with clean code
- Responsive Grid that helps you build a site or theme that looks nice on all possible devices
- Well-documented: if you can’t find the answer to your question about Themple here please don’t hesitate to contact us
- Easily translatable, ready for internationalization (i18n)
OK, I want to learn more!
Great, you can get the latest version from here and access the full documentation here. It would be a pleasure for us to help you if you’d like to use it as the base for your next theme development project. In case of any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us!